I may be a bit biased, but Baltimore is without a doubt one of the best cities in the U.S. Whether you’re visiting as a tourist on a longer trip or you’re in town just for the night to see a great show, Baltimore has so much to offer. One of the best parts of traveling is discovering all the great restaurants, cafés, holes in the wall, and hip spots that the city has to offer. Baltimore won’t leave you hanging when it comes to yummy eats, coffee, or drinks.
Make the most of your trip to Baltimore, Maryland, by staying a night or two at one of the many hip hotels and let your tour of the city begin. Read ahead to see the best of the best when it comes to coffee; brunch, lunch, and dinner; and beers, drinks, and cocktails.
Image via Flickr by 3 Sons Productions
- Artifact Coffee on Union Ave – This place will inspire love at first sight. Enjoy a pour over, a latte, or a French press prepared like a work of art.
- Spro Coffee – Baltimore’s original speciality coffee shop has a clear passion for great coffee, preparation styles, and roasting in the city’s hip, quirky Hampden neighborhood.
- Red Emma’s – Give yourself time to wander this alternative bookshop and sip a delicious cup of coffee.
- Zeke’s – This regionally known small-batch coffee roaster also has a great café. Try a classic cup of an in-house roast or one of the café’s specialty drinks.
Breakfast and Brunch
- Spoons Cafe in Federal Hill – This breakfast spot has a great variety so everyone will be happy. It’s moderately priced with really good mimosas.
- Cava in Harbor East/Fells Pt. – With a $35 bottomless brunch and 10 cent mimosas, you’re bound to love it here. The brunch includes mini portions of the whole menu. Yum!
- Lucia’s Joann Kitchen in Broadway Market – This place has the best omelets and breakfast sandwiches. You can also try customer favorites like the Reuben sandwich for lunch.
- Blue Moon Cafe – This café has a huge breakfast menu with great prices. Check out the bright, funky artwork while you’re here. The Aliceanna Street location is open 24 hours on the weekends!
- Miss Shirley’s – With coconut cream French toast, chicken and waffles, grits, and crab benedict, this is a Baltimore classic that you can’t miss.
Image via Flickr by sabreguy29
- Hudson Street Stackhouse – This spot has a little something for everyone, with sandwiches, burgers, salads, and pastas at great prices, along with a great beer selection. It’s also a great option for a casual dinner, happy hour, or bar atmosphere.
- Papermoon Diner – One of the funkiest restaurants you’ll find in Baltimore, Papermoon Diner is a sight to behold. Check out the eclectic artwork made from recycled materials and eat your heart out. It’s great for vegans and meat lovers alike!
- Mama’s on the Half Shell – This menu will not disappoint. Check out the raw bar, seafood plates, or much more from the lunch and dinner specials! Mama’s is also known for its crushes, which are made with orange or any other fruit you could possibly imagine.
- Cosima in Woodberry/Hampden – This is a little on the pricier side but has amazingly delicious Italian food.
- Iron Rooster in Canton – This spot serves up funky dishes and creative burgers, along with breakfast all day.
- Ouzu Bay – Indulge in authentic Greek fare, but note that reservations are required.
Beers, Drinks, and Cocktails
- Bookmakers in Fed Hill – This cocktail club delivers an elegant experience with personalized craft cocktails.
- SoBo Market in Fed Hill – This spot makes craft cocktails with ingredients from the garden. Happy hour specials are always a win.
- Papi’s Tacos in Fells Point – This Mexican joint is known for its signature cocktails, margaritas, and craft beer. Enjoy an outdoor atmosphere and sit outside on the patio.
- Bond Street Social – This place offers great drinks and outdoor seating. It’s known for scrumptious small plates made to share.
- Union Craft Brewing – This classic Baltimore microbrewery has a fun tap house in Hampden.
If you haven’t been yet, you’re bound to fall in love with Baltimore. Eat and drink your heart out, and enjoy!